Friday, July 08, 2005

Pollutted Waters

yesterday I was sick with a flu. I went surfing early in the morning and I noticed the water was dirty. It was Red Tide, which is a condition in the water when microorgranizms, dinoflagellates, die off, leaving the water a dirty brownish red color. Stupid of me, I surfed and inadvertently swallowed some water. When I came home to finish a story I was working on, I started to get the chills. I had a glass of lemonade that Jeremy made for me and proceeded to lay down on my bed, pulling the covers over and just shivering for the rest of the day.

By evening, I was feeling a bit better but not quite 100 percent. Later that night I had a serious bout of number 2, which wa as if a faucet was turned on it was so bad. But today, I came out of it Ok and feel a bit better, maybe 80 percent. Which brings me to some assumptions. How did I get sick with stomach flu? I am betting it was from the water, becauser I can't think of anything else that would have caused me to have a fever of 101 for such a short duration. The water off Newport was iffy and I went for it anyway. Big mistake. If anything is iffy, be it the food, the water, or a potential lover, forget it. Don't do it. I seriously think the water was polluted and I ingested some seriously foul water that caused me to get sick. What else could it have been? The lemonade? The lemons jeremy used were off our tree in the back yard and they might have been over ripe, but do over ripe lemons pose a risk that could cause me to get as sick as I was?

No comments: