Monday, November 13, 2006

My punk Son

let me first say that I love both of my sons dearly. Both are two totally different individuals, and both get on my nerves every now and then. the one now on my DO not talk to list is Jeremy, my youngest. I have been asking him for weeks to get a study partner for Spanish class, yet he refuses to do so. In soccer, he refuses to high five one team mate, and because of this lack of sportsmanship, I feel he didn't make the all star team. He also thinks he knows more than the assitant coach, who has been around soccer a lot longer than Jeremy. He apparently doesn't know how to be a team member with this particular team, which I think has something like a 2-6 record. They suck really badly. But what really sucks is my son's disdain for one of his teammates. This particular fellow is a terrible soccer player, yet he has the most positive attitude on the team, the most vocal yet positive attitudes of all the player's I've seen on jeremy's four different teams. And what has gotten my ire with Jeremy, which caused me to give him the silent treatment (When I get pissed at someone, I won't talk to that person. Today is day two), is Jeremy's lack of respect for his team mate. He sucks, Jeremy says, and I tell him, he sucks but he has a positive attitude, something that Jeremy lacks. Which totally has me peeved. That and his lack of desire to do well in Spanish class. Oh well, if he doesn't make the grade in Spanish class, he will have nothing to whine about when I say we aren't going dirt biking, or fishing, or surfing, or any of the other fun things that father and son do together. "You want to go dirt biking? What are your grades like? They suck? well, too bad, we ain't going to the desert. Sorry, but I've been telling you for weeks, no monhts to get a study group going but you didn't listen. Conceited Jeremy is? Absolutely. And I am extremely disappointed in his behavior.

No comments: