Saturday, May 03, 2014

Don't Sweat the Bullshit

I just woke up from a dream with Dad, mom, juliana, Alexander . Juliana and I were at Dad’s house at around 3 in the morning and the music was blasting. Mom was trying to put Alexander to sleep. Jodi was no where to be found. Mom had one leg over the rail and I said, “mom give him to me.” And she said “can you help me clean up the mess first.” SO I started cleaning up. There were toys everywhere, a playpen blocking the front door, clothes and other random stuff strewn about. Mom handed Alexander to me. Then I got to a dirty diaper full of shit and dirty shorts just left on the family room floor, which pissed me off. I was yelling at mom, “Mom where is Jodi? She needs to pick this shit up” and then Dad appeared from the stairs. He was smiling, “John, give Alexander to me, give me my grandson.” So I did, and he proceeded to put Alexander to sleep in like 30 seconds. Then he said to me,“John, don’t sweat the little bullshit.” Don’t waste your time. 

No comments: