Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Freakin Fdisk

Computers are a wonderful instruments of modern society. They do everything. They help you to balance your checkbook, enable you to go online to check the surf (www.surfline.com), enable you to search for lost friends and relatives, enable you to edit video and burn that video to a DVD, and edit images (Gosh what would I do without Photoshop?). But when they break, life truly sucks especially if you depend on the computer to do all those things. For me, it is the main tool that I use to make a living. And my computer has been broken for the last several weeks. I couldn't get online at home, unless I used the notebook or the G5. Finally today I had the time to fix it, by reformatting the hard drive. Now that may seem like a severe thing to do, but I actually do it several times a year. because of the way Windows works, throwing all manner of data all over the drive, instead of in an organized fashion, an HD wipe is good for the hard drive every now and then. But anyway, I've been rebuilding the computer for the last several days, reinstalling all of the apps that I use and all that good stuff that comes with an Fdisk. But I lost all my favorites, because I never figured out how to export and save them to a file.

No comments: