Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Curious George

I just picked up the soundtrack to Curious George because one of my fave singer/songwriters wrote the soundtrack for the movie. Jack Johnson is a localboy who's music is so uplifting it is almost unbelievable that he's not some Christian singer. His stuff really reflects the spirit of Hawaii, where he is from. He has three albums out in addition to Curious George and Friends, In Between Dreams, Brushfire Fairytales, and On and On. All of it is good. Not a stinker in the lot. My sister turned me onto his wavelength about three years ago, and I've been hooked. His singing is pure as the hawaiian rains, and his guitar work sings a lovely melody. His songs remind me of the times in hawaii. And did I mention he is a north shore surfer too?

laters brah

No comments: