Friday, February 25, 2005

Doctor looking for epidemiology contacts in Philippines

My sister's friend is in the Philippines studying innoculation issues for the World Health Organization and would like to meet some cool people. He will be spending time all over the Philippines, not just in Manila, so if you can help him out, please do so, his email is ou94@hotmail.com




Hello you all,

Sorry for the mass e-mail, but it's the fastest way for me to reach you.

It looks as if I will not be staying in Manila the entire time. I'll be here for the first two weeks, and then I'll be all over the Philippines. For people who are familiar with Philippines geography, my schedule is attached to this e-mail.

I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew. The World Health Organization wants us to monitor and evaluate measle immunization programs at the region levels, provincial, and municipality levels. We need to go to the best and the worst at each level. I am here with a team of 2 other people who are experienced in epidemiology already. I'm trying to catch up, and I hope I can do a good job. We will see what happens, but it seems possible that our findings will affect the policy here.

So far, Manila has been interesting. It is very crowded here. I've been busy, so I haven't had much time to explore yet, and I'm just getting over jetlag. Well, I'll write more later. For the ones who know people where I will be going to, please let me know if anyone will be willing to show me around! Thanks.

Aloha,
Alan
ou94@hotmail.com

No comments: