Saturday, June 06, 2009

minding the weight

Back in 2005, I chronicled a weight/cholesterol issue that I had been dealing with. I have fallen into bad eating habits once again. Now I've successfully weaned myself off all the junk food that I was eating back when I worked in an office, what I call the del Taco diet, but I haven't completely gotten rid of fast food, I still enjoy the IN-n-Out urge every once in a while (maybe three or four times a month), and still eat the chinese fast food, and the mexican fast food (Alerto's here in Little Saigon is a favorite). I cut down on the candy and the cookies back then and have to again cut down on the sweets again now. Now I am not fat, just a bit overweight for my small frame. So, in the interest of better health (my better health), Jovi and I are embarking on an exercise and hopefully a diet regimen. Now when I first met Jovi, she had just quit flying for Pjhilippine Airlines and she was a trim 140 or so, which is proportional to her size. Although she is a filipina, she really isn't. Her mom's side of the family is more Spanish than Filipino, and her dad's side is more Chinese (Limsiaco, related to the famous Chinese pirate), so she is bigger than a typical filipina. Well, now she and I are on a mission to lose some pundage, in the interest of fending off any ill effects, such as diabetes, heart disease and all the associated diseases that come kknocking when one is overweight. We're not obese, just need to lose some of the poundage, so hopefully this blog will be updated with our progress, or at least my progress. I plan on weight training, Tae Bo (yes it helped immensely back in 2005), and of course, I plan to try and surf more, though my main surf bud moved to Hawaii! Lucky bastard.

No comments: