Thursday, June 18, 2009

South County People are MENTAL

Disclaimer: I lived in South County (Laguna Niguel) during the middle of the 1990s, from the end of 1996 up until we up and moved to Hawaii in 2000 for an extended two year "vacation."

Today I surfed Doheny, When I first got to the parking lot, I parked facing the beach, and was about to paddle out when a bird dropped a load of bird shit on the trunk of the Chitty Chitty. Pissed, and not wanting my car to be covered with shitn when I got back, I got back into the car and pulled into a parking spot that was tree free. When I did, an old man in an SUV who had been sitting in his car, started his car up, rolled down the window, and said to me, "Nice View, until you parked in front of it." and then he proceeded to leave before it even hit me that he was pissed I parked in front of his precious view, IN A PARKING LOT. What a fucking sense of entitlement. That is a South County attitude.

So Im paddling out at Doho and there is this older blond Japanese woman paddling out to. She turns around to catch a wave, and I am sitting on the shoulder, well out of range for her to even remotely catch up to me, and she hoots me off. Fair enough (I guess). So I don't take off. About 20 minutes into the session, the waves were getting better and I am taking off on wave after wave after wave. I chase everything down, and I happen to catch almost everything that comes my way. So Ms. Blond Japanese lady paddles over to me and asks, "Are you from here?" and I say "No" and she says, "well what do you want us to do"? And I am like WTF? and then I got it, and I say "what you want to drop in on me? Go ahead, and she says "well I don't" and proceeds to catch a wave. Then another guy paddles up to me and says, "What is her deal?" and I say, I had no freakin clue. Turns out that guy was at my neighbors house a few years ago for a fireworks show, and we knew some of the same people. Every wave that I caught, either came to me, or I chased it down. I didn't snake any one, and if they don't want to chase waves, they ain't gonna catch waves. Ms. Blond Japanese lady can basically screw herself, because 1. I was catching waves like you are supposed to, and 2. if she doesn't want to work for it, then she isn't going to catch anything. Waves aren't just handed to you. Well they can be, but she was a dick in the first place for barking me off when clearly we could have shared it.

No comments: