Friday, October 15, 2004

Outsourcing Flu Vaccine?

Both Josh, Jeremy and myself got flu shots today. The boys' pediatrician made a housecall at my mother's house, insisting that we get a flu shot, because in part of Joshua's asthma. The thing for me is I don't particularly like getting a flu shot, this being only the second time that I've received one. This year especially I was hesistant, (but for only 10 minutes) because of this administration's failure to ensure that there were adequate supplies of flu vaccine for those who wanted one. I can't believe that the United States, seemingly the most technologically advanced country in the world, can't even adequately supply flu vaccines to the 50 million Americans who want one. How can this administration claim to be in the best interest of the people of the country when it has to outsource the production of flu vaccine to a foreign country?

No comments: